Tuesday, May 26, 2009

VC8B - Banks Island NA-129

The special callsign VC8B was authorized today for the Banks Island expedition. I'll be operating from Sachs Harbour, NT from July 24-27 (UTC) including the RSGB IOTA Contest. Activity will be exclusively SSB, mostly on 20m which, aurora permitting, should be open round the clock. Will watch for openings on 15m and 10m as well.

I'll post any updates here but I'm not anticipating any problems unless there is delay for weather, likely fog, which is common that time of year.

73
John - VE8EV

3 comments:

va7dxc said...

Looking forward to this as I missed Ellice.

See you on the air

va7dxc

Anonymous said...

I need this one John so stay awake!.....Vic G0APV said that.

Anonymous said...

OK John, that was pretty painless..very good propagation at 1500gmt...worked 1548 on 24th...thanks for the contact and new iota...73 de Vic G0APV