Friday, November 4, 2016

Out With The Old

Once the weather starts to turn colder, the boat is put away for the season, and all the firewood is split and stacked, I always plan to spend the last couple of weeks before winter working on the station antennas. This year the main project is the new tower and the "new" (I bought it SIX years ago!) yagi. More on that in a future post but the first order of business was taking down the old tower and antennas. They will be raised in a new location next year but for now I just needed to get them out of the way as the new tower is going in that spot. I procured the use of a lift with a 60-foot boom and in a few hours the antennas were off and the old tower was dismantled. 





The assembly of the new tower (a Titan T400-80) is well underway but weather and work travel have slowed progress considerably. I wanted to have it all up in time for the CQ WW contest at the end of October but now I'm just hoping its ready in time for Sweepstakes Phone in November!

No comments: